Monday, September 5, 2011

Dozens of Places To Curl Up With A Book


I have this little book that sits on my bedside table and it's called "14,000 things to be happy about". I don't know who wrote it but since this blog is supposed to be about good stuff, it gives me lots of good ideas. Glass is half full kind of things. So, sometimes I need a little help thinking of things....that's where this little reminder book comes into play.

Dozens of places to curl up with a book. I have always loved to read. We actually had a class when I was in grade school called Reading. I aced it every time. And, I got teased terribly by my family because in every candid picture taken when I was little, you'd see me in the corner of the couch, with my head in a book. I loved, loved, loved when Scholastic sent home book orders and begged my mom for new books.

I think one of the things I liked best about flying was that I had so much time while waiting for flights to read. When people tell you to visualize your "happy place" in meditation, mine is a big comfy chair at Barnes and Noble with a huge stack of books next to it. In fact, when the boys were attending St. Paul's but we still lived in Liberty, I could spend the entire day at Barnes and Noble, while I waited for them to get out of school, and never get bored.

I have several favorite books....."Eat, Pray, Love", "Beach Music", "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood". I'm also kind of embarrassed to admit that I like self-help books. I love to pick up books at garage sales for practically pennies. Libraries trip my trigger. And, I cannot wait for the day when this nursing school gig is up to have some free time to stick my nose in a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment