Friday, September 17, 2010

The Big M


Am I there yet? The signs say yes......nightsweats, inability to sleep through the night, insatiable hunger, weight gain, emotional roller coasters (including some pent up rage that comes out of the blue). Ugh, I am NOT ready for this. I live with three guys and they are less than compassionate. I need them to understand because two of them will, hopefully, have wives of their own and I want them to be kind.

I need to do some reading about how to handle this gracefully and without drugs. I have no desire to be popping pills, unless it's vitamins or organics. I need to eat better. I need to exercise. Meditate. And, I need to understand that this is a process and could take quite a while so I need to RELAX and go with the flow. After reading the following, perhaps I need to move to another country! :)

Indigenous cultures, many outside of the United States, view women in menopause as entering their wisdom years. They are valued as important leaders of their family group and tribes. Many of them are the leaders and directors of the culture, passing down historical and valued knowledge to the younger members. Elders are not viewed as limited physically or mentally, but more wise because of their reflective experience.


1 comment:

  1. OK it took me awhile to even figure out that you talking about menopause...lol

    ReplyDelete