Sunday, August 23, 2015

Awesome! August 23, 2015

I found a day calendar that Katie Newell gave me for my birthday during nursing school when I cleaned out my closet.  It's called the Year of Awesome and every day has little writings about something awesome.  I really didn't want to throw it away and I have a terrible time journaling every day so I thought what better way to commit it to history than write down each day what it says.  So here goes:

When your microwave popcorn turns out perfectly

Stop too soon and you'll enjoy some well popped corn, but be left with a few handfuls of greasy, unpoppped kernels at the bottom of the bag.  Your stomach will rumble and you'll either remain hungry or pop a second bag and overeat.  Not cool.

Stop too late and you'll enjoy some well-popped corn, but many kernels will be black and burnt, the bag will be smoky, and your fire alarm could have a fit.  Not cool, either.
'
Yes, that's why it's so great when your microwave pops popcorn perfectly.  Either you grow to trust your dependable Popcorn Button or you slowly master the perfect time yourself, after a few bad bags.

But either way, how does it feel when you pull out that perfect, steaming bag?

Awesome!

Lisa's thoughts:  I have mastered this skill.  Two minutes max.  When there is a lag time (even slightly) between kernels popping, it's time to take it out.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment